How The CHINESE Govt "HUMILIATED" The BRITISH and AUSTRALIAN WHITES
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
2020-05-10 22:23:21 UTC
IF ONLY the "dumb slavish Indians and Indian govt" LEARN how to deal
with the "genocidal barbaric british white christian thieves" from this
column.

Issue: British PM David Cameron met Dalai-Lama privately and moved on.

The British ambassador was immediately called in and given the
traditional post-Lama telling off. In the wake of the meeting the
Chinese Communist party announced relations with Britain had been
damaged. Sure enough, Chinese investment into the UK went on hold. A
trip to the UK by Chairman Wu Bangguo was called off.

Cameron got understandably spooked and — proving himself years ahead of
the game — announced plans to socially distance himself from the Dalai
Lama. Indeed soon he was declaring that he saw no need ever to meet him
again. The British government issued an apology to the Chinese
authorities for all the offence caused and normal trade relations were
eventually restored.

It was the account of the first meeting between British and Chinese
officials after this affair that was so memorable. I was told that
before the meeting could get under way, the CCP officials attended to a
bit of old business. A copy of the British apology was pushed across the
table towards the British officials, who were then asked to stand up and
read it out loud, which they duly did. Sitting down afterwards, the lead
Chinese official apparently smiled and said: ‘We just wanted to know you
meant it.’

Regarding Australia:

The editor of the state-run Global Times, Hu Xijin, was less diplomatic.
Hu took to Weibo (China’s answer to Twitter) to describe Australia as a
piece of ‘chewing gum stuck on the sole of China’s shoes’. He went on:
‘Sometimes you have to find a stone to rub it off.’ As Britain learned
in 2012, the stone that China uses to get rid of us pieces of chewing
gum is a familiar one.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/hugging-china-hasnt-done-us-any-favours

Hugging China hasn’t done us any favours

From magazine issue: 9 May 2020

Like nearly everything named a ‘scandal’, ‘affair’ or given the post-fix
‘gate’, almost nobody now remembers the Dalai Lama affair. But back in
2012, flush with recently acquired power and optimism, David Cameron and
a man called Nick Clegg went to see the Dalai Lama while he was on a
trip to London.

Whether Cameron and Clegg knew what they were getting into wasn’t clear.
The pair had a short meeting with the Lama at St Paul’s Cathedral — or
at least in one of those bland conference ante-rooms English cathedrals
constructed in the last century to atone for the splendours next door.
Looking like a couple of travelling salesmen trying to flog the Dalai
Lama a timeshare, Cameron and Clegg had the meeting and moved on.

Not so Beijing. The British ambassador was immediately called in and
given the traditional post-Lama telling off. In the wake of the meeting
the Chinese Communist party announced relations with Britain had been
damaged. Sure enough, Chinese investment into the UK went on hold. A
trip to the UK by Chairman Wu Bangguo was called off. And the CCP talked
about how ‘hurt’ the Chinese people had been by the meeting.

You can do that sort of thing if you are a dictatorship: pretend to act
as the mouthpiece of more than a billion people, not one of whom can
hold you to account. But Cameron got understandably spooked and —
proving himself years ahead of the game — announced plans to socially
distance himself from the Dalai Lama. Indeed soon he was declaring that
he saw no need ever to meet him again. The British government issued an
apology to the Chinese authorities for all the offence caused and normal
trade relations were eventually restored.

It isn’t healthy to be told that you’re chewing gum on the sole of
another country’s shoes

It was the account of the first meeting between British and Chinese
officials after this affair that was so memorable. I was told that
before the meeting could get under way, the CCP officials attended to a
bit of old business. A copy of the British apology was pushed across the
table towards the British officials, who were then asked to stand up and
read it out loud, which they duly did. Sitting down afterwards, the lead
Chinese official apparently smiled and said: ‘We just wanted to know you
meant it.’

I doubt there is a British subject whose skin doesn’t crawl at the
thought of someone being so abject on our behalf. But there it is. A
nadir of the conundrum that Britain — and the wider world — has long
known ourselves to be in.

We always realised that there were price tags attached when dealing with
the CCP. And as our politicians have repeatedly learned, the line
between receiving the largesse of China and receiving orders from it is
a fine one.

Other countries have been aware of this for years. On a trip to
Australia in 2018 I was struck by how much further along the road the
public’s understanding of the China conundrum was there compared with in
Britain. They had long since passed through their politicians praising
the benefits, watched them join the boards of Chinese companies, and
then slowly but surely observed the political class back away as they
saw what that cooperation entailed.

Today the Australians have an advantage over us. While we have a vast
trade deficit with China (around £20 billion), Australia has a vast
trade surplus with the country (around £30 billion). Even so, they
remain vulnerable to the CCP’s normal diplomatic routine of extortion
and threats.

Towards the end of last month the Australian government started calling
for an international, independent inquiry into the origins of Covid-19.
This followed intelligence leaks suggesting that the virus may have
originated in a laboratory in Wuhan rather than one of the city’s
famously delicious wet markets. The Chinese response was textbook. The
country’s ambassador to Australia warned the Australian Financial Review
that the Chinese public (there they go again) were ‘frustrated, dismayed
and disappointed with what you are doing now. If the mood is going from
bad to worse, people would think why we should go to such a country
while it’s not so friendly to China. The tourists may have second
thoughts.’ Students, parents and consumers were also said to be on the
verge of once again choosing bat soup over Aussie beef and Shiraz.

In other words, the CCP’s response to Australia was the usual mob trick:
nice continent you’ve got there. Shame if anything happened to it.

The editor of the state-run Global Times, Hu Xijin, was less diplomatic.
Hu took to Weibo (China’s answer to Twitter) to describe Australia as a
piece of ‘chewing gum stuck on the sole of China’s shoes’. He went on:
‘Sometimes you have to find a stone to rub it off.’ As Britain learned
in 2012, the stone that China uses to get rid of us pieces of chewing
gum is a familiar one. It involves the full litany of investment
threats. And it includes claims — issued from its embassies worldwide —
that all criticism of the CCP is motivated by ‘racism’.

Of course the CCP has no interest in bigotry. A survey of what it has
been willing to do to the Uighur people over recent years might go some
way to countering that claim. But it knows the West is cowed by such
distractions. After all it isn’t very many weeks since Nancy Pelosi was
telling Americans to visit their local Chinatown and the mayor of
Florence was urging residents of his city to hug a Chinese person to
fight racism and coronavirus.

Yet just as surely as Cameron was ahead of his time, so the Florentine
mayor turned out to be behind his. We have been hugging China for years
now, and it didn’t make us better. It made us sicker. And not just
virally, but psychologically too.

It isn’t healthy to have your officials lick another country’s shoes. Or
be told that you’re chewing gum on the bottom of them. We need to find a
way out of this relationship — one that we all know turned abusive years
ago.
Zach Harmison
2020-05-11 05:28:16 UTC
Post by FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
[...]
From magazine issue: 9 May 2020
[...]
I hate the Chinese communist govt. Hope the chinese people rise against
their commie govt and fight for Democracy, like in Hong Kong.